Why Do We Blog?
When I started blogging with my students back in 2009, we started thinking about the reasons why we blog and the benefits for our learning. As a class, we thought about why we use blogs and what benefits they have for our learning - all of us including our teacher! These are some of the ideas that the students and I have come up with so far over the past few years. Have we got a complete list? Are there any more that you could remind us about? Room 3 at Hunua will now be adding to what was started by Myross Bush students and continued by the wonderful Henderson Intermediate students.
- To show what we've been learning.
- For other people around the world to know what we've been learning.
- Environmental - save trees.
- We can learn from other people's blogs.
- To keep in contact with people all over the world.
- Develop ICT skills.
- Integrate learning tools.
- Working on commenting on other peoples work.
- Learning about other people and their cultures.
- Sharing work and getting feedback from a wider range of people.
- Enjoyment of sharing our work with others.
- Keep it forever.
- Won't go missing.
- Share comments with epals.
- Share learning more often with family.
- Our blogs are designed to show our learning progress so you should see a big change in achievement over time. For example, we are trying to be as accurate in our spelling as possible but this doesn't always happen. This will improve the more we blog. :-)